Digital Metadata/Web Services/Archives
The Governors State University Archives are housed and maintained by the University Library. Members of the GSU community can place a request for materials or make an appointment to use the archives collection by completing an Archival Request Form.
Alumni and community members can contact the archives by emailing requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There may be restricted or limited access to some collection materials. Be sure to review the Library Archives Policy below.
About the Archives
The mission of the GSU Archives is to select, preserve, and make accessible an authentic record of the programs, people, and operations of Governors State University, as well as to provide archival management for records of external organizations and documents of individuals in support of the administrative, teaching, research, and service interests of the University.
The Archives maintains the university's historical records as well as a syllabus collection, thesis collection, and photography collection. The collection also contains documents and artifacts from the surrounding region.
Content ranges from
- Original and copied correspondence, memoranda, and reports generated or received by the institution
- Organization and committee files
- Publications created for the GSU community
- Module, Syllabi, and other historical course information
- Bulletins, event materials, and press releases
- Manuscript collections of personal, working, and professional papers
- Student published manuscript and faculty monographs
- Unique historical documents and memorabilia related to the founding of the University
- A collection of rare books selected based on their value, rarity, or unique characteristics
University Archives: Through the Years
On Thursday, November 3, 2016 4-6 p.m. the University Library will be hosting an open house to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Friends of the GSU Library.
The event will showcase all the items that have been purchased with non-state monies. The Friends of the GSU Library supported the recent Archives renovation by purchasing flooring material and shelving.
Come visit the Library on November 3rd.