Resources Available on the Web Site
- Locate full-text article and citations using the Library Resources in Chemistry.
- Locate Internet web sites for full-text articles, ethics, associations & societies, patents, spectra, and MSDS, toxicology, & safety using Internet Resources in Chemistry.
- Find scientific writing information using Writing Resources in Chemistry.
- Learn about the degree programs offered at the Chemistry Department at GSU.
- Search GSU Catalog below.
Search Library Resources in Chemistry
The following databases have been recommended for full text journal articles, articles in peer reviewed journals, citations & abstracts in Chemistry.
Using a non-campus computer? You will be prompted for your Library ID Number and password. Refer to the Library ID web page for more information.
- SciFinder (First Time User)(Off-CAMPUS Access is currenlty unavailable) All accounts must be created on campus
- SciFinder (Returning User)
ACS Legacy Archives (American Chemical Society) Provides full-text searching and instant access to all titles, volumes, issues, and articles published by the American Chemical Society from 1879 to current.
ScienceDirect College Edition (Elsevier) Research articles in chemistry, computer science, pharmacology, energy, engineering, mathematics, physics and astronomy, agricultural and biological sciences, biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology, environmental science, immunology and microbiology, and neuroscience.
JSTOR - Digital archives/full-text of scholarly research articles covering the subjects anthropology, archaeology; biological sciences, botany & plant sciences, ecology & evolutionary biology, general science; geography, history of science & technology, mathematics, statistics and more.
BIOSIS Previews (Ovid) The most comprehensive coverage of nearly 5,500 life science journals as well as 1,500 items from international meetings, review articles, books, book chapters, patents, and software reviews. Topics include agriculture, biochemistry, biotechnology, ecology, immunology, microbiology, molecular genetics, neuroscience, pharmacology, public health, toxicology, zoology.
PubMed/Medline - The most complete index for biomedical clinical and research literature, published by the National Library of Medicine.
- PubChem - PubChem, released in 2004, provides information on the biological activities of small molecules.PubChem is organized as three linked databases within the NCBI's Entrez information retrieval system. These are PubChem Substance, PubChem Compound, and PubChem BioAssay. PubChem also provides a fast chemical structure similarity search tool. More information about using each component database may be found using the links in the homepage. Links from PubChem's chemical structure records to other Entrez databases provide information on biological properties.
Project Muse - Includes full text journals in anthropology,science, philosophy & ethics of science, mathematics, medicine and health, and the history of science, technology, and medicine.
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is the world's largest scholarly, multi-disciplinary full text database containing full text for nearly 4,600 scholarly publications, including more than 3,500 peer-reviewed publications. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,052 journals in the collection.Electronic Books or e-books.
- National Academies Press offers a more than 4,000 titles in medicine and the sciences available in PDF format for free downloading. Registration is required.
D2410 Phone 708-534-4137
New ebooks and books
Authors:Lee, Terrence A.Publication Information:In Mass Spectral Interpretation. Wiley. 1998Description:eBook. 196p.Subjects:SCIENCE / Chemistry / OrganicCategories:SCIENCE / Chemistry / OrganicISBN:9780471976288. 9780585270654.Accession Number:17960Database:eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
Author: Thompson, Michael
Publisher: World Scientific & Imperial College Press
Original Publication Date: 02/2011
Subjects: Chemistry, Analytic. Chemometrics.
Author: Dalton, David R.
Original Publication Date: 05/2011
Subjects: Chemistry, Organic -- Textbooks. Organic compounds.
Table of Contents Download Find Similar EndNote & Citavi RefWorksAdd to Bookshelf