ACCESSING LIBRARY RESOURCES
Welcome educators! Use your GSU login to access databases from off campus.
If you want full-text articles or peer-reviewed journals, select these options on a database search page.
- Education Full Text (in EBSCO)
- ERIC (in EBSCO)
- Professional Development Collection (in EBSCO)
- ProQuest Research Library
To broaden your search for more articles in education or related disciplines,
try these individual library databases:
To simultaneously search multiple databases for articles, try a database vendor:
- Starting a search in a vendor (aka aggregator) like EBSCO or ProQuest allows you to select and search several databases simultaneously. This approach is useful because databases may include unique journals or your topic might span various subject areas. However, you may lose some of the features and functions you get when searching individual databases one at a time.
To see all GSU Library databases, view the Databases A-Z Guide ...
- The Databases A-Z Guide is an alphabetical list of all databases at GSU Library. Use the A-Z Guide to browse through database descriptions, or for a quick link when you know the name of a database you want to search.
To find a specific journal in the library ...
- Use the Journals List search box to see if the library subscribes to a particular journal.
- Type title words of a journal in the search box to see if it is available in a database or in print. If the journal is in a database, you can browse through issues or search for articles within that one journal. Please note that not all publication dates may be available.
To find journal articles in Google Scholar ...
- Use the Tips for Finding Journal Articles LibGuide for instructions on setting up Google Scholar preferences.
- Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD, book reviews and selection tool for children’s books)
- Children’s Module (in ProQuest, journals & magazines for and about children)
- Dissertations & Theses Full Text (ProQuest)
- ERIC (EBSCO) NOTE: Access has been disabled to many full-text ERIC (ED) documents published prior to 2005. Details are available at the ERIC website
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI, index to articles that use measurement instruments in the fields of health, education, and psychosocial sciences)
- KCDL Online (Kraus Curriculum Development Library, K-12 curriculum documents)
- MAS Ultra School Edition (in EBSCO, high school magazines & other sources)
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (in EBSCO, test reviews)
- Primary Search (in EBSCO, elementary school magazines & other sources)
- Tests in Print (TIP, a listing of all known commercially available tests currently in print in the English language)
To find GSU books and reserves ...
- Use the Online Catalog basic search to start searching for books, e-books, videos and other materials in the GSU library.
- Use the Course Reserves link to get call numbers for reserve items held at the Circulation Desk.
- You need a valid GSU ID card to check out books, videos, and reserves at the Circulation Desk.
To request books and articles from other libraries (Interlibrary Loan) ...
- If GSU doesn't have a book you need, search "All I-Share Libraries" in the online catalog. You need to create an I-Share account to request that books be sent to our Circulation Desk. Create your account on the I-Share User Account page, and remember to use the 14-digit barcode number on your GSU ID card as the "Borrower ID".
- If a book is not available from I-Share libraries, you can use the Online Request Forms link in your myGSU Library portal.
- Always look for journal articles first in the library's databases. If you find an article on the web, do not pay if there is a fee to download. Instead, type the journal title on the Journals List page to see if we have that journal in a database or in print. If the library does not subscribe to the journal, or the issue is not available, you may use the Online Request Forms link in your myGSU Library portal.
DIVISION OF EDUCATION LIBRARIAN
Linda G. Geller, M.A., M.S.Ed.
Library Office D2412
Subjects: EDAD, EDEC, ELED, EDUC, READ, SPED, Secondary Education, Urban Teacher Education, Higher Education Administration
Please contact me to set up appointments for assistance with research, assignments or library instruction.