ARTICLES & DATABASES
Welcome educators! Use your GSU login to access databases from off campus.
If you want full-text articles or peer-reviewed journals, select these options on a database search page.
To find articles in education journals, we recommend you start with the following three databases.
You have two ways to search these education databases:
you can search these databases one at a time by clicking on their individual names
or start your search in the EBSCO vendor and select searching all three databases at the same time
It is a good idea to create a personal account in EBSCO so you can save your search histories and articles
anytime you login, not just during your current session. Click on "sign in" to create a new account in EBSCO.
To broaden your search for more articles in education or related disciplines, try these databases:
To see all GSU Library databases, view the Databases A-Z List and Research Guides:
- The Databases A-Z List is an alphabetical list of all databases at GSU Library. Use it for database descriptions, or for a quick link when you know the name of a database you want to search.
- Remember to view Research Guides (aka LibGuides) for recommended databases in specific disciplines and subject areas.
To find a specific journal in the library, use the Journal Title List search:
- Use the Journal Title List search box to see if the library subscribes to a particular journal.
- Type title words of a journal in the search box to see if it is available in a database or in print. If the journal is in a database, you can browse through issues or search for articles within that one publication. Please note that not all publication dates may be available.
- If you find an article on the web, do not pay if there is a fee to download. Instead, type the journal title on the Journal Title List page to see if we have that journal in a database or in print.
To find Google Scholar articles that may be freely available in a GSU database ...
- Use the Tips for Finding Journal Articles LibGuide for instructions on setting up Google Scholar preferences.
To find non-journal publications or specialized information sources, try these library databases:
- Children’s Literature Comprehensive Database (CLCD, book reviews and selection tool for children’s books)
- Dissertations & Theses Full Text (ProQuest)
- Encyclopedia of Special Education A reference for the education of children, adolescents, and adults with disabilities and other exceptional individuals
- ERIC Documents (EBSCO, limit to ED to just retrieve documents) NOTE: Full-text access may not be available for ERIC (ED) documents published prior to 2005. Details are available at the ERIC website
- Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HAPI, index to articles that use measurement instruments in the fields of health, education, and psychosocial sciences)
- KCDL Online (Kraus Curriculum Development Library, K-12 curriculum documents)
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (in EBSCO, test reviews)
- Tests in Print (TIP, a listing of all known commercially available tests currently in print in the English language)
To request articles from other libraries (interlibrary loan) ...
- If GSU Library does not subscribe to a journal, or the issue is not available, you may use the Online Request Forms link in your myGSU Library portal.
DIVISION OF EDUCATION LIBRARIAN
Linda G. Geller, M.A., M.S.Ed.
Library Office D2412
Subjects: EDAD, EDEC, ELED, EDUC, READ, SPED, Secondary Education, Urban Teacher Education, Higher Education Administration
Please contact me to set up appointments for assistance with research, assignments or library instruction.