Resources Available on the Web Site
- Locate full-text article and citations using the Library Resources in Chemistry.
- Locate Internet web sites for full-text articles, ethics, associations & societies, patents, spectra, and MSDS, toxicology, & safety using Internet Resources in Chemistry.
- Find scientific writing information using Writing Resources in Chemistry.
- Learn about the degree programs offered at the Chemistry Department at GSU.
- Search GSU Catalog below.
Search Library Resources in Chemistry
The following databases have been recommended for full text journal articles, articles in peer reviewed journals, citations & abstracts in Chemistry.
Using a non-campus computer? You will be prompted for your Library ID Number and password.
- WEB OF KNOWLEGE (Web of Science) - is a database of citation indexes including Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index and Arts and Humanities index. It also includes other databases. First time users have to sign in on CAMPUS using their govst.edu email addresses, and create a user ID and password as specified by the publisher. The database has excellent tutorials, and if further help is needed please contact me at 4137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Environmental Science and Pollution Management - Over 1,100 leading full-text journals from around the world are included as well as over 4,000 full-text government reports and over 1.2 million digitized pages from over 1,700 Environmental Impact Statements
- ACS Legacy Archives (American Chemical Society) Provides full-text searching and instant access to all titles, volumes, issues, and articles published by the American Chemical Society from 1879 to current.
ScienceDirect College Edition (Elsevier) Research articles in chemistry, computer science, pharmacology, energy, engineering, mathematics, physics and astronomy, agricultural and biological sciences, biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology, environmental science, immunology and microbiology, and neuroscience.
- JSTOR - Digital archives/full-text of scholarly research articles covering the subjects anthropology, archaeology; biological sciences, botany & plant sciences, ecology & evolutionary biology, general science; geography, history of science & technology, mathematics, statistics and more.
- BIOSIS Previews (Ovid) The most comprehensive coverage of nearly 5,500 life science journals as well as 1,500 items from international meetings, review articles, books, book chapters, patents, and software reviews. Topics include agriculture, biochemistry, biotechnology, ecology, immunology, microbiology, molecular genetics, neuroscience, pharmacology, public health, toxicology, zoology.
- PubMed/Medline - The most complete index for biomedical clinical and research literature, published by the National Library of Medicine.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is the world's largest scholarly, multi-disciplinary full text database containing full text for nearly 4,600 scholarly publications, including more than 3,500 peer-reviewed publications. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,052 journals in the collection.
D2410 Phone 708-534-4137
New ebooks and books
Author: Thompson, Michael
Publisher: World Scientific & Imperial College Press
Original Publication Date: 02/2011
Subjects: Chemistry, Analytic. Chemometrics.
Author: Dalton, David R.
Original Publication Date: 05/2011
Subjects: Chemistry, Organic -- Textbooks. Organic compounds.
Table of Contents Download Find Similar EndNote & Citavi RefWorksAdd to Bookshelf