D2410 Phone 708-534-4137
Resources Available on the Web Site
- Locate full-text article and citations using the Library Resources in Chemistry.
- Locate Internet web sites for full-text articles, ethics, associations & societies, patents, spectra, and MSDS, toxicology, & safety using Internet Resources in Chemistry.
- Find scientific writing information using Writing Resources in Chemistry.
- Learn about the degree programs offered at the Chemistry Department at GSU.
- Search GSU Catalog below.
Search Library Resources in Chemistry
This Research Guide was prepared by Nancy Shlaes and has been updated extensively by Swati Wagh, since August 2012
The following databases have been recommended for full text journal articles, articles in peer reviewed journals, citations & abstracts in Chemistry.
Using a non-campus computer? You will be prompted for your Library ID Number and password.
- ACS Legacy Archives (American Chemical Society) Provides full-text searching and instant access to all titles, volumes, issues, and articles published by the American Chemical Society from 1879 to current.
ScienceDirect College Edition (Elsevier) Research articles in chemistry, computer science, pharmacology, energy, engineering, mathematics, physics and astronomy, agricultural and biological sciences, biochemistry, genetics and molecular biology, environmental science, immunology and microbiology, and neuroscience.
- WEB OF KNOWLEGE (Web of Science) - is a database of citation indexes including Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index and Arts and Humanities index. It also includes other databases. First time users have to sign in on CAMPUS using their govst.edu email addresses, and create a user ID and password as specified by the publisher. The database has excellent tutorials, and if further help is needed please contact me at 4137 or email@example.com.
- Environmental Science and Pollution Management - Over 1,100 leading full-text journals from around the world are included as well as over 4,000 full-text government reports and over 1.2 million digitized pages from over 1,700 Environmental Impact Statements
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library Abstract and Index ONLY) “AGRICOLA (AGRICultural OnLine Access) serves as the catalog and index to the collections of the National Agricultural Library, as well as a primary public source for world-wide access to agricultural information. The NAL Catalog (AGRICOLA) is organized into two bibliographic data sets: The NAL Online Public Access Catalog contains citations to books, audiovisuals, serials, and other materials, most of which are in the Library's collection. (The Catalog does contain some records for items not held at NAL.) The Article Citation Database includes citations, many with abstracts, to journal articles (see Journals Indexed in AGRICOLA), book chapters, reports, and reprints, selected primarily from the materials found in the NAL Catalog. One also has the option to search both databases together.