Track Legislation in the Illinois General Assembly
100th Illinois General Assembly 2017-2019
About the Illinois General Assembly from Ballotpedia https://ballotpedia.org/Illinois_General_Assembly
"In 2017, the legislature was in session from January 11, 2017, through May 31, 2017. The legislature held its first special session from June 21, 2017, to July 6, 2017. The legislature held its second special session from July 26, 2017, to July 31, 2017. The state Senate met on August 13, 2017, to override Gov. Bruce Rauner's (R) veto of a school funding formula. The state House met on August 16, but did not override the veto. The Illinois state Legislature met again from August 28 to August 29 in special session over school funding." (from Ballotpedia.com)
Schedules http://www.ilga.gov/house/schedules/default.asp Look at Legislative Days, and Veto Session
Locating Legislation "In Process"
- Under “Reports & Inquiry” click on "Legislative Reports"
- Scroll down to “Standing Reports Updated Periodically Throughout The Day"
- Then click on “Bill Synopsis Rpt.-Introduced Bills with Last Action (cumulative)….” This is the 2nd session of the 99thGeneral Assembly, but the IGA is in recess until the fall Veto session following the November elections.
- Search within the PDF files using “Find” to search on key words. (This is difficult as each occurrence of the key word will be found.)
Locating Full Text of legislation
- Take bill number from “Status of Bills - Cumulative” report… see above
- www.ilga.gov Search the Illinois General Assembly by number
- Search for bill number, using HB for house bill, or SB for senate bill, click on “full text”
- Example: HB 00421 NURSE-COLLABORATION-PRESCRIBE
- Search by text word using "Find" ; but must be pretty sure of bill title
**After you identify a policy issue in the Illinois General Assembly, the Bill Synopsis Rpt.-Introduced Bills with Last Action report can be used to keep track of it on a daily basis by searching for the Bill number, or title within the document
Illinois General Assembly Dashboard
The Illinois General Assembly's Dashboard allows users to create and modify electronic witness slips
for House and Senate Committees. Two methods are available for entering witness slips.
The first method for entering witness slips on a piece of legislation or on subject matter in committee
requires registering information on the ILGA Dashboard.
Registering allows you to:
Save all of your user information such as name, address, phone number, email, business and
representation, eliminating the need to re-enter the information on each witness slip.
Create a witness slip in just a few clicks.
View all of your witness slips filed for each chamber for the current GA.
Filter and sort by committee name, date/time and legislation number.
Update user information, testimony and positions on filed witness slips.
Log on to the ILGA Dashboard to enter and manage witness slips.
The second method for entering witness slips on a piece of legislation or on subject matter in committee
requires no registration or log on by the user. This method is usually used by first time users or users
that enter in witness slips very infrequently. It does not allow you to edit a slip once it is submitted.