Occupational Therapy Home
This LibGuide provides occupational therapy students links to websites, books, and media within and without the GSU Library. The guide is a starting point on finding scholarly information resources in OT. An attempt has been made to be as comprehensive as possible, but if there are some gaping holes please contact me at email@example.com. Also included are bibliographic management tools like REFWORKS.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: PLEASE WATCH THIS FIRST.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of doing research in an assigned topic in Occupational Therapy.
Strategy to locate and access copies of articles:
- Conduct a literature search in the recommended indexes (above)
- Many indexes include full-text articles in PDF, TXT, and HTML formats. Use the icon to for links to other options
- If you have a citation (Journal name, article title, year, volume number, etc) use the Full Text Journals List to locate content.
- Double check the GSU Library Catalog to locate journals in print and microfilm formats, if not found in the Full Text Journals List.
OT RESOURCES GSU & Non-GSU
OT Journals in the GSU Library (Primary Literature)
Asian journal of occupational therapy (1347-3476)
Journal Indexes (Secondary Literature)
- OTsearch From the website - The American Occupational Foundation (AOTF) and the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) jointly support OT SEARCH, a bibliographic database covering the literature of occupational therapy and related subject areas. The full text of the indexed resources is not in this database, only the bibliographic information to identify the material and an author's abstract, when one exists. In the future, links to sources for full-text copies will be added to records in OT SEARCH. Currently, OT SEARCH contains over 41,900 records of materials dating from 1910 to the present.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text Is the world’s most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals, providing full text for more than 520 journals indexed in CINAHL. Of those, 240 are not found with full text in any version of Academic Search, Health Source, or Nursing & Allied Health Collection. This authoritative file contains full text for many of the most used journals in the CINAHL index - with no embargo. With full-text coverage dating back to 1982, CINAHL with Full Text is the definitive research tool
Web of Science Access the world’s leading scholarly literature in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities
- ProQuest Is another databse to look for for information in a wide variety of fields. It helps to look here when the subjects overlap like with psychology or Social work
JSTOR Useful for indexing coverage of health policy, health sciences, and health economics journals going back to the early 1900's, with some full text coverage of journals such as American Journal of Nursing. Keep in mind JSTOR is an archives; consult the "Find Journals" service to locate current issues.
- PubMed - Published by the National Library of Medicine, PubMed provides over 20 million to the world's biomedical literature from 1966 to the present, including Pre-1966 and pre-publication citations provided by publisher partners. Full Text articles can be accessed from freely accessible articles, and through the GSU Outside Tool. Please change results display to "Abstract" to view the GSU links to GSU holdings, and to an Interlibrary Loan request form.
- PUBMED/MEDLINE How to Use MESH subject headings in PUBMED to build a better subject swaech query
- PsycINFO(EBSCO) PsycINFO contains more than 1.8 million citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations and technical reports, in the the multidisciplinary field of behaviorial science and mental health. (PsycInfo links to full text articles in PsycArticles and other EBSCO databases)
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) Academic Search Complete, designed specifically for academic institutions, is the world's largest scholarly, multi-disciplinary full text database containing full text for nearly 4,600 scholarly publications, including more than 3,500 peer-reviewed publications. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,052 journals in the collection.
- JSTOR Useful for indexing coverage of health policy, health sciences, and health economics journals going back to the early 1900's, with some full text coverage of journals such as American Journal of Nursing. Keep in mind JSTOR is an archives; consult the "Find Journals" service to locate current issues.
- National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC): Research - A database of resources related to rehabilitation and disability research.
- CIRRIE - Database of rehabilitation research done outside of the United States.
is a freely available work of terms used in elederly healthcare management through the National Council of Aging (NCOA).
National Guideline Clearinghouse - Freely available database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. Sponsored by AHRQ. (Free)
OT Seeker - OTseeker is a database that contains abstracts of systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials relevant to occupational therapy.
PsycBITE - database with rated studies related to psychological problems and issues occurring as a consequence of acquired brain injury.
Campbell Collaboration Library of Systematic Reviews - Database of systematic reviews in education, crime and justice, and social welfare. Use the broad heading of rehabilitation (or other topics) when searching this database.
PubMed Clinical Queries using Research Methodology Filters - Type in your topic and select a pre-formatted search filter to locate evidence-based articles. Filters include etiology, diagnosis, therapy, prognosis, and clinical prediction guidelines.
CINAHL Systematic Reviews - type in your topic and choose Systematic Review in the Publication Type in the Limits section.
E-Books in Ebrary: Selected E-Books. To view e-books you need to create a ID password at: http://site.ebrary.com/lib/govstlib/login.action.
I searched under subject "Therapy", and from the retrived set narrowed it by Occupational Therapy from the boxes below on the ebrary page.