Example of a Call for Papers from a Predatory Publisher
1. Call for papers appears through email spam. Everyone on campus recieves the same announcement.
2. Publisher claims to be "indexed" ad "included", but the list of publishers are not reputable, disciplinary indexes.
- Cabell's is merely a publisher of instructions for authors and acceptance rates, *as reported by the publisher*. The content is not critically reviewed.
- Proquest, Ebsco, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Gale, JournalSeek are only aggregators of content, not names of reputable scholarly indexes.
- Ulrich's is only a directory of serials in print, with information provided to Ulrich's from the publisher. Information is often erroneous or out of date.
3. Scopus, ISI, ERIC, Econlit are reputable indexes, but "under process" does not mean acceptance.
Call for Papers
International Journal of Business and Social Science
ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219- 6021 (Online)
International Journal of Business and Social Science (IJBSS) is a monthly peer reviewed journal published by Centre for Promoting Ideas (CPI), USA. It covers the areas of business and social science such as management, marketing, finance, economics, banking, accounting, human resources management, international business, hotel and tourism, entrepreneurship development, business ethics, international relations, law, development studies, population studies, history, journalism and mass communication, corporate governance, cross-cultural studies, public administration, psychology, sociology, women studies, social welfare, anthropology, linguistics, education and so on.
IJBSS publishes original papers, review papers, conceptual framework, analytical and simulation models, case studies, empirical research, technical notes, and book reviews.
IJBSS is indexed with and included in Cabell, DOAJ, EBSCO, Ulrich’s , ProQuest, IndexCopernicus International, Gale and Journalseek.net . Moreover the journal is under the indexing process with ISI, ERIC, Scopus, and Econlit.
IJBSS is inviting papers for Vol. 3 No. 11 which is scheduled to be published on May 31, 2012.
For more information, visit the official website of the journal www.ijbssnet.com
Dr. Nozar Hashemzadeh
Editor, International Journal of Business and Social Science (IJBSS)
Professor, Department of Economics, Radford University, USA